Call for Proposals on European Media
In the framework of the Development, distribution, promotion and training, the European Call for Proposals EACEA/27/10 was published on European media and support for the development of on- and off-line interactive works.
The objective of the Call for Proposals on European Media is to facilitate independent European media production companies’ access to funding from banks and financial institutions, by co-financing part of the costs of:
- insurance for media and audiovisual productions: Module 1 — Support the ‘Insurance’ item in a media production budget,
- completion guarantee for the production of a European audiovisual work: Module 2 — Support for the item ‘Completion Guarantee’ in a production budget,
-bank financing for the production of a media work: Module 3 — Support for the item ‘Financial Costs’ in a production budget.
The media audiovisual work submitted:
-must be a drama, animation, or creative documentary majority produced by companies registered in one of the European countries participating in the MEDIA Programme,
-must be produced with the significant participation of professionals who are nationals/residents of countries participating in the MEDIA Programme.
Eligible media applications will be evaluated on the basis of the following award criteria :
- media projects benefiting from European MEDIA Development Single Project for big countries and/or Slate Funding for countries with low media and audiovisual capacity: 10 points,
- media projects with a credit agreement: 10 points,
- media projects from European countries with low Audiovisual capacity: 10 points,
- media projects from the new Member States and the enlargement countries: 5 points,
- media projects with a European dimension: co-produced by more than one country participating in the MEDIA Programme: 3 points.
— co-production covering more than one country participating in the MEDIA Programme: 1 point per country.
-international distribution potential: 0-5 points.
Within the limits of the European budget available media projects with the maximum points on the basis of the above table will be awarded a grant.
The total available budget allocated for the call for proposals on European media is 3 million euro.
The maximum financial contribution which may be awarded is 50 000 euro.
The deadline for submitting proposals in the framework of the call for proposals on European Media to the Executive Agency (EACEA) is no later than
-10 January 2011, for media projects which start between 1 June 2010 and 10 January 2011,
- 6 June 2011, for media projects which start between 1 December 2010 and 6 June 2011.
Further information on the call for proposals on European Media can be found on the European Commission\'s web site