European Call for Tenders
European Call for Tenders to study future ICT trends
The European call for tenders for the study of future of ICT trends, assistive technology and accessibility was published by the Directorate-General for information Society and Media on 6 July 2010.
The title of this European call for tenders is Study on implications from future ICT trends on assistive technology and accessibility (SMART 2010/0077).
The objective of this European call for tenders is to explore and analyze the referred relationships between the
emerging ICT landscape, in the societal and economic context described above, and the development and provision of assistive technologies (AT) and e-Accessibility, within a perspective of 10 years.
The objective of this European call for tenders is to carry out a European study with the aim to:
1) to provide a validated analysis of these relationships, building on a sound understanding of relevant trends and challenges of the type described above;
2) to elaborate and discuss a series of hypothetical European scenarios on the future evolution of AT/ e-Accessibility;
3) to provide validated recommendations for research priorities and European policy measures that are usable at European level.
To this end, within this European call for tenders , the contractor have to perform the following tasks:
1. Gather, analyze and validate information on key technical and market trends, including approaches of ICT innovation, impacting the evolution of AT/ e-Accessibility in a 10 year perspective.
2. Forecast and assess, through an appropriate methodological approach the relationships between, on the one hand, future European development and provision of AT/ e-Accessibility applications services and, on the other hand emerging ICT and innovation approaches.
3. Building on the advice of European ICT experts and stakeholders, propose recommendations for future ICT policy, including regulatory measures and research and deployment priorities.
In the offers made within this European call for tenders, tenderers should detail the different impacts that can be obtained in relation to the objectives and tasks specified above.
The total duration of the contract in the framework of this European call for tenders is 13 months.
The total budget allocated to this European call for tenders for the European study on ICT trends is 300 000 euro.
The deadline for the submission of a tender is 25 August 2010.
Further information on the this European call for tenders on the European study on ICT trends can be obtained clicking here.