Capacity building in the field of higher education
The Call for Proposals - EAC/A04/2014 – Key Action 2 “Capacity building in the field of higher education 2015” has been published by the European Commission, Directorate Education and Training.
The purpose of the current “Capacity building in the field of higher education 2015” call is to support the modernisation, accessibility and internationalisation of higher education in the Partner Countries is to be carried out in the context of the priorities identified in the Communications “Increasing the impact of EU Development Policy: an Agenda for Change” and “European Higher Education in the World”.
The objective of the action under the “Capacity building in the field of higher education 2015” call for proposals is the contribution to the development of sustainable and inclusive socio-economic growth in Partner Countries. It should ensure development and EU external actions objectives and principles, including national ownership, social cohesion, equity, proper geographical balance and diversity. Special attention will be given to the least developed countries as well as to disadvantaged students from poor socio-economic backgrounds and to students will special needs.
The “Capacity building in the field of higher education 2015” call aims to:
- support the modernisation, accessibility and internationalisation of the higher education field in the eligible Partner Countries;
- support eligible Partner Countries to address the challenges facing their higher education institutions and systems, including those of quality, relevance, equity of access, planning, delivery, management, governance;
- contribute to cooperation between the EU and the eligible Partner Countries (and amongst the eligible Partner Countries);
- promote voluntary convergence with EU developments in higher education;
- promote people to people contacts, intercultural awareness and understanding.
The eligible actions supported by the “Capacity building in the field of higher education 2015” call for proposals should:
- improve the quality of higher education and enhance its relevance for the labour market and society;
- improve the level of competences and skills in HEIs by developing new and innovative education programmes;
- enhance the management, governance and innovation capacities, as well as the internationalisation of HEIs;
- increase the capacities of national authorities to modernise their higher education systems, by supporting to the definition, implementation and monitoring of reform policies
- foster regional integration 96 and cooperation across different regions 97 of the world through joint initiatives, sharing of good practices and cooperation.
Capacity Building Projects can last 2 or 3 years. The duration must be chosen at
application stage, based on the objective of the project and on the type of activities
foreseen over time.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of the actions in the field of Education and Training is estimated at EUR 1 536 500 000. The minimum EU grant for Joint and Structural projects is 500 000 EUR. The maximum EU grant for Joint and Structural projects: 1 000 000 EUR.
The duration of the Capacity Building Projects can be 2 or 3 years. The duration must be chosen at application stage, based on the objective of the project and on the type of activities foreseen over time.
The deadline for submitting proposals in the framework of the current call is 10 February 2015.
Further information on the current call for tenders is available on the European Commission’s web site at: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/funding/key-action-2-capacity-building-in-field-higher-education-2015_en