Support to European platforms
Call for Proposals, Creative Europe
On 4 December 2014, the call for proposals EACEA 47/2014 “Support to European platforms” was published by the European Commission in the framework of the Creative Europe Programme, Culture Sub-Programme .
The main specific objectives of the current “Support to European platforms” call for proposals, published by the European Commission in the framework of the Creative Europe Programme, are:
- to foster the development of emerging talent and stimulate the transnational mobility of cultural and creative players and circulation of works, with the potential to exert a broad influence on the cultural and creative sectors and to provide for lasting effects.
- to help increase recognition and visibility of cultural and creative artists and creators with a strong commitment in terms of European programming through communications activities and branding strategy, including, where appropriate, the creation of a European quality label.
In order to achieve the above mentioned objectives, the proposals to be submitted in the framework of the “Support to European platforms” call shall focus on the following priority activities:
- fostering the mobility and the visibility of creators and artists, in particular emerging ones and those lacking international exposure;
- stimulating a genuine Europe-wide programming of cultural and artistic activities with the view of facilitating access to non-national European cultural works via international touring, events,exhibitions and festivals, etc.;
- implementing a communication and branding strategy, including, where appropriate, the development of a European quality label (or an equivalent recognition activity) to identify and promote the members of the platform having demonstrated a strong and high quality professional commitment towards the objectives of the platform in particular and the objectives of Creative Europe, in general;
- contributing to greater audience development through extensive use of information and communication technologies and innovative approaches. To find out more about the audience development priority, please refer to Annex 2 of these guidelines.
- providing visibility to Europe's values and different cultures, thus creating greater awareness about the European Union.
Applications to be submitted in the framework of the current “Support to European platforms” call for proposals published by the European Commission should come from legal entities established in one of the following eligible countries categories:
- EU Member States and overseas countries and territories;
- acceding countries, candidate countries and potential candidates benefiting from a pre-accession strategy, in accordance with the general principles and general terms and conditions for the participation of those countries in Union programmes established in the respective Framework Agreements, Association Council Decisions or similar agreements;
- EFTA countries which are parties to the Agreement on the EEA, in accordance with the provisions of the EEA Agreement;
- the Swiss Confederation, on the basis of a bilateral agreement to be concluded with that country;
- countries covered by the European Neighbourhood Policy in accordance with the procedures defined with those countries following the framework agreements providing for their participation in EU programmes.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of the action is estimated at EUR 457.8 million for the 2014-2020
period. The total appropriations for 2015 for this call will be around EUR 3.400.000.
The deadline for submitting proposals in the framework of the current “Support to European platforms” call for proposals, published by the European Commission, is 25 February 2015.
Further information on the current “Support to European platforms” call for proposals, published by the European Commission in the framework of the Creative Europe Programme, is available on the European Commission’s web site at: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/creative-europe/funding/european-platforms-2015_en.